Vision, Mission, Values
Who We Are
MarriageTeam is a Christian, nondenominational, faith-based social service agency within the meaning of Washington State law and its mission is to provide marriage coaching services by equipping Christian couples for service as marriage coaches. It was founded on the following Christian principles:
- The Bible is the inspired word of God. (2 Tim 3:16)
- The biblical definition of marriage (one man, one women, and fidelity) – Gen 2:18-25; 1 Cor 7:2-3; Ex 20:14
- The need to equip Christian couples for marriage ministry – Eph 4:11-12
- Paul’s admonitions to husbands and wives – Eph 5:21-33
- The Great Commission – Mat 28:18-20
Restored and enriched marriages which glorify God and create united families, thriving children, stronger churches and healthier communities.
To serve the Lord by preparing, strengthening, and saving marriages of one man and one woman in order to further the Great Commission while equipping Christian couples as volunteer MarriageTeam coaches to help other couples get on the same team. (Gen 2:18-25; Eph 4:11-12; Matt 28:18-20; Eph 5:21-33)
Statements of Faith
- The sole basis of our beliefs is the Bible, God’s infallible written Word, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments. We believe that it was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it was written without error in the original manuscripts. It is the complete and unified witness to God’s redemptive acts culminating in the Lord Jesus Christ and the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks.
- There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is God, the living Word, who became flesh through His conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him alone.
- He rose from the dead and ascended into heaven.
- The salvation of man is a work of God’s free grace and is not human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justified them in His sight.
- Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church. His Body is composed of all people, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
Statement of Final Authority on Matters of Faith and Conduct
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of MarriageTeam’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our board of directors is the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.